Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Treats

Here in the US, Thanksgiving will be upon us in the next couple days and I know that I, for one, have got turkey on the mind. This is the holiday to eat good food, get sleepy, and probably watch a parade or football game. Me? I'm thinking of getting pizza on Wednesday and then we're going a bit avant garde on the Thanksgiving Dinner front- we're letting our local grocery store "cater" it for us. Takes off the stress of getting up early to prepare a bird! But enough about me, let's see what we've got for you this time around...


Pumpkin Spice Cake Truffles
by lollidreams

I have to admit, I'm not usually one who would consider buying anything edible from Etsy, and it's not even that I'm worried about cleanliness (I'm less cautious than I should be on that front, probably). I'm just a little weirded out still buying FOOD online. However, these gorgeous little truffles are something that looks good enough to send me over the edge. I'm a sucker for food that is pretty, and these certainly are.


Merino/Cashmere Sock Yarn
by Valutree

It's sock yarn, and it's autumnal. Merino and Cashmere? You'd be walking on air. That simple.


Country Pumpkin Pie Soap
by BubblesUpByBethieB

Pumpkin Pie is a mainstay of Thanksgiving Dinner- even if you don't care for it, you'll still find it at the table. I prefer apple but I love the smell of pumpkin pie- this soap looks divine.


Turkey Bot
by boldsandbots

Okay, so when people think of Thanksgiving-related stuff, you probably think of the previous things I mentioned- food, food-scented bath and body items, and fall-colored fibers. What you don't think of is an adorable little polymer clay robot turkey who is sure to steal your heart. He's only 1" tall, but that makes it all the more amazing that he's so adorable and detailed. I think I would want to make a necklace out of him!

No comments: