Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Featured Item: Amigurumi Sumo Wrestler



So I saw the pattern for this cute amigurumi a few weeks ago, and of course, because I'm a crafter and a crocheter, I had to buy it. You can't get any cuter than this little guy, and since I realize that not everyone who reads the featured blog is not a crafter (or if they are, maybe they don't crochet), I figured today I'd feature the cute little guy that inspired the pattern.

I think what I like best about this little guy is his loincloth- I love embellishments on amigurumi. That's why I enjoyed jack sparrow so much- he wasn't just embellished with yarn, he had fabric and beads too. I think it's important for crafters to realize you really can mix media- a lot of times it turns out really well! But seriously- check out moss. The store may seem a little bare, but the quality of what is there is beyond anything I've seen for a long time.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Thanks, great blog