Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Featured Seller: Wicked Westie



Mindy, the owner of Wicked Westie Designs, is one of the very first people that I met when I first started trying to get into the 'community' of Etsy (namely, the red room). She's a fellow knitter and super cool person from the northwest, so how could I not love her?

Anyway, she had these Rainbow Jesus earrings that I really liked and that apparently caused a lot of controversy for her due to the association of rainbows with gay pride. It's pretty obvious she didn't mean anything like this- it was just a Jesus bead (super cool guy I have to admit, even though I'm not religious), and some rainbow beads. Course if you wanted to, you could call these your "Jesus is FAAAAABULOUS" earrings and take the flack. Somehow I don't think he'd mind that much. If you guys don't know by now, I adore rainbows- and jesus hanging from my ears was just too good to pass up, so after a bit of time, I finally got the earrings, and I wore them throughout my last semester at Cornell to give me luck.



I don't have as much time to wear different earrings now that I'm not in school anymore, but I still adore my little Rainbow Jesus earrings. Westie even sent me a treat with my order- mostly because she felt bad for taking 'too long' to send them out, but who refuses goodies? I highly recommend her as a seller- check out the cool stuff she's got:
Royal Sunset Necklace-Brown Cow Tank-Shelob's Web Necklace-Neckwarmer- Dark Blue-Coastal Beach Scarf

Be sure to check out her neckwarmers- they're really cool designs, and even though it's summer right now, it's never too early to think about fall, when a neckwarmer would be the perfect thing to keep you warm when it's not quite cold enough for a full scarf.

No comments: