Saturday, July 08, 2006

Featured Item: "Sundown" Felted Bowl



In celebration of my getting rid of my merino sock yarns by making crocheted bowls, I'm featuring this great bowl by Frenchie. Frenchie is a great frequenter of the Red Room, and she's been making these felted crocheted bowls for a while. I was going through my huge yarn stash today and deciding what on earth I was going to do with my tons of Knitpicks sock yarn. Since it's 100% wool I've decided to take a page from Frenchie's book, and make some felted bowls.

Frenchie's Shop is full of great crocheted accessories besides these really fun bowls- she makes scarves that are GREAT for those over-air-conditioned offices in the summer, along with some more heavy duty stuff for when winter comes along. Frenchie is also famous for her recycled plastic bags- she uses old grocery bags to make strips of "yarn" and then crochets great bags out of them, such as this one, which she sold (obviously because it is amazing!) Frenchie has told me personally, though, that you guys can look forward to more. So, in celebration of my felted bowl making- visit Frenchie! She's a truly inspirational woman!

No comments: